Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Tire Pressure

I went for a run this morning. Before I left I filled up the tires in the stroller (they were getting pretty low). When I started running I could feel how much easier it was to push the stroller. I no longer felt like the out of shape girl that I did in this post. I was able to run without having to stop every quarter of a mile to walk. And it dawned on me that I didn't realize that anything was wrong with the stroller when I was running these past two time with the kids and low tire pressure, I assumed it was me and my strength and endurance. This made me think of other things in life that we accept without question, letting things be harder than they need to be.

I'm notorious for letting a pile of papers sit in one spot for months, collecting dust until one day I see them and think, "Well, how long have those been there??" This goes with other things in my life too. So while I was running, I started thinking of other things in life that I'm allowing to be harder than they should be. Do you have something in your life that is harder than it should be?

Procrastination is another word for life's tire pressure. How long do I hold onto a box that needs to be sent to my hometown? How many days do I put off cleaning the bathroom until I can't put it off anymore? On the other hand, how much do I love walking into a clean room? How good does it feel to know that you went six days between cleaning bathrooms instead of eight? How nice is it to walk into the kitchen in the morning and make that morning pot of coffee without having to wash dishes first?

This year has been about letting go for me. There have been several small occurrences in my life this year that has made me want to clean house, get everything out that I don't need so I can have more space, less clutter and a happier me. It's working. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm dropping things off to Good Will at least once a month, making sure to get things out of my house and out of my life that I don't want to have to keep moving, re-organize, or see in a pile next to the wall three months after I made it.

What do you have in your life that you can let go of? Are you ready to make a change for the good?

No comments:

Post a Comment