Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Vacuum Cleaner Chronicles







My niece Aaralynne is obsessed with vacuums. I don't know why, and it was pretty unbelievable when I first heard that she had to know where the vacuum cleaner was and had to check on it several times a day. Then when my mom told me that she TiVo'd vacuum infomercials for Aaralynne to watch, I wasn't surprised anymore.

I started marinating a gift idea in my head for Aaralynne: a book about vacuum cleaners. I wanted to make it like a scrap book, something with pictures of vacuums and a little blurb on the same page. I wasn't sure what I would write, or if there would be a storyline. Then I read Amanda Blake-Soule's book The Creative Family and in it she makes a cloth book for her daughter. After seeing the concept of the book, I realized that I could make Aaralynne's book a cloth book. Then the creative juices really started flowing and I came up with a storyline of using my vacuum cleaner as the main character with the idea that he was a little boy. I decided that the first book should be about 'Little Vacuum Cleaner' and a day in his life. So here is the book, page by page. I would like to make more with this same theme, but we'll see what I have time for before Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. So fun! It looks great! I can't wait to see it in person. She's going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to find this post Very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I Always prefer to read The Quality and glad I found this thing in you post. Thanks PalandSmith

    ReplyDelete