Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

MckMama’s Beer Bread

Question to any bakers/cooks out there: Does baking something with caffeine in it remove the caffeine from it?

My recent stay with my sister brought about a few changes in me (I'm currently keeping my kitchen and dining table fairly spotless as opposed to the occasional spotlessness). One of which is wanting to bake more. My sister's house was always smelling of homemade bread, muffins, or cookies and it got me to thinking that I could probably do some of those things too. My first recipe I'm tackling is one she got from McMama, another blog she follows. It's a beer bread recipe, but my sister always uses 7-Up. (my nephew asks if he can have some since he thinks it's 7 and up bread -like the age-)

When I saw what pop I had, I called my sister to ask the caffeine question posed at the beginning of this blog. Neither she or my mother knew the answer to the question, so we decided it was best not to risk it. Orange pop it is!

I'm not sure if you can tell, but the bread has an orange tint to it. I took a picture with and with out the flash so as to show the color. We'll see if it translates.


No comments:

Post a Comment