Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Halloween Napkins

Sometimes I get an itch. An itch to make something I haven't made before and I can't stop thinking about it until I make it. Other times I have something in the partially finished pile waiting for months if not longer to be completed. Today I couldn't sit still until we had Halloween napkins to go with our Halloween table cloth.

Last year when I made my sister's place mats, the thought of making napkins was a little intimidatoing to me but for some odd reason I felt very comfortable making the napkins today.

I knew that they were going to be smaller than our normal napkins, but I didn't mind. I had some fabric I bought last year to make another banner, but decided that we were in need of festive napkins more so than a banner.

So here they are, in all their glory. I cut the fabric 12"X12" and then sewed right sides together, turned inside out and finished with a simple stitch around the border. So simple I think I may make more one of these days...






For those of you curious- the napkin in the corner is for Mr. Man who still sits in his high chair between mama and dada. And yes, we use the back portion of the table for storage of cupcakes [that dada and Genny made when mama was working this past week] and a covered apple-raspberry pie I made a few days ago.

1 comment:

  1. Those are reeeeeally cute!! And I love that you made a raspberry pie. Yum!

    ReplyDelete