Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Playing Outside

Every day [excluding rainy days] we, as a family, go outside to go for a walk and play. We go out between 3:30 and 4:30pm, and stay out for about an hour or so, depending on the day. Some days we also play outside after we get home from our morning errands as well, but the afternoon stroll is a must for me, and it's great for the kids too. I say that it's a 'must' for me because, as a stay at home mom, the afternoons have a way of dragging on, causing fatigue for me, as well as tantrums for Genny. Playing outside is good for the soul, and whereas we do live in a climate where we could spend most of the day outside, I've come to realize that too much fresh air can lead to even more tantrums. Plus I don't want to contribute to the skin cancers my kids will most likely get some day due to the fact they are growing up in Southern California as opposed to Michigan.

Here's a little glimps into one of our afternoons outside. This particular one involves hanging out in Kate's front yard while she planned her garden and planted seeds for it. Genny was eager to help plant the peas.


It's bubble season here at the Alford house.



Here's a few mugs Thomas probably hasn't seen in a while: Baby D and Jake


No comments:

Post a Comment