Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dinner Out

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the last time I ate dinner out was the night we spent away from the kids before he left for Afghanistan. Before that?... Sometime before Glenn was born. I've had offers from friends of going to their house for dinner, or out to dinner, but I always decline because Glenn doesn't seem to do well in the car seat after dark.

Today I decided to try it out and see what happened. Crying. Lots of crying.

Since Ambrosio came over to fix the bathroom wall today, we didn't go anywhere in the morning. After so much time spent inside, I looked at the blue rain-free sky and decided to take the kids down to the ocean to walk along the sidewalk and then maybe have dinner down there. Glenn was in desperate need of a nap (Genny came in talking loudly while I was putting him down this morning, so he woke right up and didn't go down again), so the car ride helped that out. What didn't help was the fact that I realized I forgot my wallet at home after we parked down town and had to drive back to get it. Glenn let me know that he had been in the car a little too long.

After the screaming and crying ceased (aka when we parked and I got him out) we had a nice chilly stroll by the ocean. Then we ate at a Japanese resteraunt for dinner and had Cold Stone ice cream for dessert. It was all very lovely but quite chilly.





No comments:

Post a Comment