Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Earth Day celebration










Well, Earth Day was a few days ago, but since today is Saturday, it seems that the county as well as some stores are celebrating it today. My baby boutique that I visit for my cloth diapers as well as Kindermusik classes http://www.kindermusik.com/ held it's quarterly Cloth Diaper Garage Sale, an event where moms resell their cloth diapers that they no longer need/use at a fraction of the price. It's nice for new moms who are considering trying out cloth diapers for the first time because, like stated earlier, they are a fraction of the price which means that the moms can try out a few different styles before figuring out which ones they like the best and investing all that money in to the cloth diapers.
After checking out the cloth diapers available and deciding that I didn't need any, I went inside to see if I could find a bathing suit for Genny. Bathing suit is a loose term, as I prefer the rash guard style with sleeves (that's what happens when you work for a Dermatology clinic!) and then I usually just have her in a swim diaper for the bottom. I found a cute swim set a Target, but it was short sleeved and I was going to have to modify it since Genny's head doesn't fit through the hole.

I found the perfect rash guard and even a swimming diaper cover that matched. Pictured above is Genny in the rash guard, sans the diaper cover since it didn't fit over her BG 3.0 (Bum Genius 3.0 cloth diaper). She has her shirt for the day on underneath, so it may look a little funny. Babies In Bloom http://babies-in-bloom.com/ (the baby boutique) was giving away Plan Toy cloth bags (and boy are they HUGE!)as well as a fun recycling kit in which kids can learn which items go in which recycling containers. Genny is already having a blast with the new toys which is always nice because as I tell everyone, as long as she has a job, she's a happy girl.

Since I need to take the diaper cover back to get a different size, Thomas made a good point that I should take back the rash guard to get a gender-neutral color so that baby Glenn can use it when he gets big enough. *sigh* As much as I love the idea of pretty little Genny in a pretty pink swim suit, I guess he's right, and I'm taking the rash guard back as well. Oh well, once we get my income back, we can splurge on superfluous items just for their look. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment