Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Ice Skating in Afghanistan

Strap on your skates, Thomas. I'm throwing away the shorts. You know, the red one's you hate.

For those of you not in the know (which should be all of you sans my husband of course) these shorts have been a bullet point in Thomas's Pick On Kari File for quite a while now. I get it, they're old. They're stained. But so is his soccer shirt from 8th grade that he still has [and wears]. Ah the shorts. So many memories. I bought them from an Old Navy clearance section in 2003 [before I met Thomas] for use while sleeping. They became one of my favorite pairs because of their comfort. I've seriously worn them out.

It does seem a little odd that I'm blogging about a pair of shorts, but I went to throw them away today and my inner Christine came out. Don't get me wrong, they're going in the trash, but I thought I'd at least give them their dues by a send off digital-era style.

Good bye, shorts. You will probably only be thought of again when only Thomas makes a crack about you, but you had your day and he can't take that away from you.





Glitter from one of the first stamping projects I made.



Paint from painting Glenn's room


What's my inner Christine? Christine is my sister and she is very sentimental. It's a running joke between us that she's on the verge of being a hoarder. Check out her blog- it's on the right titled, "My Boys and Life at Home".

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, that was TRUE "Christine" style...whatever that may be. Hee hee. Good bye red shorts *sniff*!!

    ReplyDelete