Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

Since I'm here in MI this year for Thanksgiving, and I wanted to see my IN family, we [my mom, sister, brother in law and I] decided to venture the 300 miles south to Griffith, IN for Thanksgiving at my aunt Kathy's house. My aunt Karen usually hosts holidays, but she recently (a few weeks ago) moved to her retirement destination of Arizona. One of Karen's children (my cousin, Emily) was unable to join her family in Arizona for Thanksgiving due to a career change from History teacher to Movie Star Hairstylist because she had to work on Black Friday. [wink and smile to Emily] So we had one of the Karen clan present to celebrate with. Emily also stayed with Kathy, as well as Kathy's daughter and her boyfriend. In a three bedroom house, we were snug but it was wonderful at the same time. It's been years since I've been able to be with that side of the family for a holiday, and I am so happy and grateful I was able to.

It was a day of giving thanks, and even though none of us verbalized our thanks, it was present in our laughter and quiet listening when one of us was telling a what-I've-been-up-to story. My grandmother (Genny's namesake) made a duck, and we all had traditional Thanksgiving food as well.




Our hosts for the day




My brother Adam (I hadn't seen him since I was pregnant with Genny!)



No comments:

Post a Comment