Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Favorite- California Burrito


Today's Friday Favorite is a food item. California Burritos. Those of you not in California may wonder what a California Burrito is, so let me explain it to you.

A California Burrito consists of french fries, carne esada, sour cream, cheese, guacamole, and pico de gallo. I always ask for no pico, since I don't like tomatoes. The place I get mine from Eribertos, doesn't put cheese or guacamole on theirs, so I always ask for cheese on mine, forgoing the guac because it doesn't interest me as much as the three ingredients I do get. It's amazing how yummy this burrito is, I first tasted one in Twentynine Palms when I was stationed there. I don't remember who introduced it to me, but thank heaven they did! I'm a creature of habit, and will order the exact same thing every time I go somewhere, so every time we get greasy Mexican food, this is what I order.

If you don't live in California, you can try to make it at home. I haven't tried yet (because it's just too simple to go two blocks down the street and get a fully cooked one) but if you do, then let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, fries in my burrito? I just may have to try it...vegan of course! :)

    ReplyDelete