Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Back from the dead [modem]




Well, I have been absent from blogging for the last week, not because of having a newborn as well as a 2 year old to care for, but because my modem gave out on me and I had to order a new one. But now I'm back, and as it turns out my modem wasn't the problem, just the power cord, so now I have an extra modem... Not something you need two of...

To catch you all up, Saturday was Genevieve's 2 year birthday. We started the day off with some french toast with fresh blackberries and sausage. Then we let Genny open a present that Thomas picked out (a stuffed puppet duck). Then we got ready for the day and left to feed the ducks at Guajome National Park where the geese seemed a little too bold in obtaining their bread, forcing Thomas to gently push one back with his foot. After he realized that they weren't getting the clue, he put Genny on his shoulders (which did not please her as she wanted to be in the action even if the geese were, in fact, as tall as she was). After changing locations to a more suitable sized flock of ducks, Genny felt the need to take off running. Thank goodness for Thomas because I had baby Glenn in the Moby and as secure as that thing is, I'm not sure how fast I could have run to get her.

For lunch we had KFC (nothing like fast food for a toddler) and that was pretty much the extent of our day. Genny had no idea that it was her birthday, so it will be interesting how she reacts next year when she's more aware. The real celebration will be this Saturday (the date chosen because my mom will be here) and after a day playing in the water I'm sure we'll have a crabby tired little girl who will sleep like a champ.

I hope you all had a good week, I'm still trying to get the hang of having two children (not to mention two children in diapers...) But I'm planning a trip out sometime this week, so we'll see how that goes. Although I will have my mom with me, so again, it won't be as big of a deal as getting the kids out and about by myself. I guess the good thing about having two small children is that you don't have the energy or time to go out and spend money. All the errands that you did before can wait because you don't want to have to wrangle two small needy children in public. Suddenly you notice that you can have PB and J for lunch every day because you are NOT going to the grocery store again until you are out of milk, cheese, eggs and peanut butter.

Well I'm off to a night filled with diapers, nursing and hopefully 3 straight hours of sleep at one point.

1 comment:

  1. Kari, you are so right! I'll eat PBJ over and over again when there's nothing else. I hope you get some sleep! I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete