Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

I Made Jam!



Oh the possibilities of the title of this post: I Be Jammin'... Jamtastic.... We Be Jammin'.... The ideas came to me in such overwhelming quantities, I decided to simplify it and just state the obvious.

So my question to you is this: What do you do when you and your kids have the flu and Dada's away sailing for the weekend? Well I made jam. The idea was just to go to the library and read about making jam, but as it turned out, the library doesn't open until 1pm on Sundays... And with a grocery store in the next lot, it was decided that I would wing it. Especially since I was on the phone with my mom and she said that everything I need is in the box of preservatives. So I made jam!




Nope. These kids are not enjoying my strawberry jam. Probably because I made it while they were eating lunch and it was too hot to taste. But today we had Sunflower seed butter and home made strawberry jam sandwiches for lunch. Mister Man loved it, and Genny had to be bribed [with chips] into taking bites. She even asked at one point, "Mama, can I have strawberries?" to which I replied, "Sweetheart, there are strawberries in your sandwich!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment