Monday, September 5, 2011
Help From Some Little Helpers
Today I did something amazing. I finished my sister's conversion from velcro to snap! I'm writing this as if it deserves applause, because, well, it does. Not that converting velcro to snaps is hard, it's pretty easy once you do a few dozen. The reason this statement deserves applause is because I've had my sister's diapers for, oh, I'd say about a month now. Yup.
Now, to excuse my lack of speediness in returning her diapers, I must admit that I felt I was given an undetermined period of time to do them in. I had all intensions to finish them weeks ago, but when talking to her on the phone about it, she said that she really wasn't missing them and that I could take as long as I needed. So when I would get a custom sewing order (which is happening several times a week now) I would put her diapers on the back burner. On the nights I didn't have any sewing I needed to do, I would say to myself, "Well she said she didn't need them right away..."
But this morning as I was about to move Sully (my snap press) back into my bedroom where he lives, I realized I only had two diapers left of hers to do. And they only needed the front panel snaps put on. So with the help of my little ones, I finished her diapers. Wfew! Now I can send her that package which includes a very nice wet/dry bag in the oh-so-soft organic cotton. You can see an example of it here. I won't be taking any Sister of The Year awards, but I feel much better about having accomplished that task and checking it off my oh-so-long to do list.