Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Discovery Place Kids

Oh my. Oh my oh my oh my. Discovery Place Kids was the BEST kids activity center I've ever been to. That's saying a lot since my ears perk up every time I hear about a children's activity center. Seriously. This place takes the cake. I won't do it any justice at all, but I'll try.

When you first walk in, there's the Animal Hospital. Then you turn and look, and your jaw drops. In a massive building you'll find: A stage the size of an average living room (complete with backstage and a plethora of costumes), a fire truck, a ship, a submarine, a little house with giant flowers out front, a water area about two times the size of the living room (with baby seats built into it so your wee ones can splash), an airplane, a doctor's office, Lego station, cogs, a bunch of tracks to build a super long roller coaster (or so I presume, we didn't get to that one but walked past), and a foam block station that started with a conveyor belt bringing the 'blocks' up to the second floor where they were dumped into a crane, which brought them around to an area they were dumped in and then they spilled down into a twelve foot high case that looked like a pin-ball machine on it's side, then then made their way down to the bottom of said pin-ball-looking case and then you put them into a wagon to take them over to the conveyor belt. This whole process was done by the kids moving wheels to make each part work. It was/is the best kid's toy I have/will ever see.

Seriously. If you are ever in southern North Carolina, check it out. You won't be disappointed!


Genny and Audry at the Animal Hospital




This is the set of wheels you turn to move the shelves in the twelve foot pin-ball-looking-machine




Glenn with the crane and conveyor belt




The 'bricks'

No comments:

Post a Comment