Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

2nd Time at Playwerx

Playwerx is a fun place for a youngster. It has a 4 story (kid size stories) play structure, a room dedicated to coloring on the walls, comfy couches for adults, and a cafe that has good-for-you choices.

We made a day out of going, arriving just after they opened at 10am and staying until just after 1pm.

The car ride there was a perfect example of a two year old: Genny cried and screamed the whole way wanting everything I couldn't give her or unable to make up her mind. It all started with a jacket. A wonderful, purple, downy jacket we got last year as a hand me down from Aaralynne. Genny never ended up wearing it, but lately since the weather has been chilly I brought it out to be used. Genny just loves it. I don't know if it's because it's purple, or has a fun fur-lined hood, or that it's so puffy. But if she remembers it exists, she wants to wear it. So after wearing two other coast first, she decided she wanted to wear the purple coat today. Let me just tell you that it's was a chilly 60 degrees when we went to get in the car, a balmy 76 in the car. I made up the temps, but you get the picture. So after Genny was in the car for a few minutes, sweating it up, I asked if she wanted to take her coat off while she was in the car. She agreed. Then we got on the road. It was, "Genny purple jacket ON?!" the whole way there (about a 20 minute ride) and when she wasn't asking for the jacket, she was undecided about which to watch: Nemo or Strawberry Shortcake. I say 'undecided', but it started with me trying to distract her from the jacket situation with a movie. I asked if she wanted to watch Nemo. She agreed. After Nemo started, she wanted Strawberry Shortcake. So I changed it. Then she wanted Nemo. Then Strawberry Shortcake. I stopped there. I told her that she could watch Strawberry Shortcake or nothing at all. She was not a happy camper.

The good news was that as soon as we got to Playwerx, she was able to put on her purple jacket. So that made her blotchy-faced self happy. You'll notice her in this non-weather-appropriate jacket in the first few pictures. I was able to convince her to take it off after about an hour. Ah yes, we are living with a two year old.

Glenn had a good time playing



Genny "jumping"

mmmmm ice blended mocha



Genny coloring






Glenn trying to get his toes



Genny pretending to sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment