Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pinterest Diaries: Sugar Body Scrub

Ah Pinterest. You've done it again. You've provided a fantastic craft for me to do and I'm very excited to give it away!

This sugar scrub is a pretty easy thing to make. It's 2 parts sugar to 1 part oil and a few drops of essential oil to make it smell yummy. We painted the lids of some jars and layered brown and white sugar then added the oil at the end. It ended up taking longer than I had imagined it would take, but that's what you get when you wait for oil to absorb into sugar. In the end I'm very happy and I'm sure Genny's ballet teacher will be happy to get her gift at Christmas time too!

The yellow-tinted ones are the ones that we used olive oil. The ones that are in the middle we used veg oil.

I used a winter-themed stamp with a coordinating punch for the tag.

I used stamps from the same set for the lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment