Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Easter Eggs with Pipe Cleaners and Beads

I love being a SAHM. It affords me the opportunity to raise my children and teach them the values I believe in and want them to have when they grow up. I understand that some moms are more comfortable to work, and I did that for a short period of time but then the cost of daycare for two children in a nursing-level facility was just about what I made when I was working. So now I focus on the fact that I'm a SAHM and I even helped start a meetup.com group for us SAHM's who want to get together, craft with our kids and chat. Thinking of crafts for the kids is fun, but sometimes things don't work out (I forget a supply, or a tool). That's what happened yesterday. So instead of doing the craft I found on pintrist, we used pipe cleaners and beads to make Easter eggs. They were great for our preschoolers to work on getting the beads onto the pipe cleaner. I had the girls put the first bead on, then I looped the pipe cleaner over it so it wouldn't fall off. When they were all done, I formed the shape of the egg, then made the zig-zag of the center and had them put three beads on. Then I attached it to the egg. So easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment