Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Wet Bags 411



If you've read my blog before you've probably read reference to wet bags (or moist bags). These things are wonderful. They essentially replace plastic ziplock baggies which makes Kari The Hippy happy. As soon as I realized I could make them, it was on. I've been perfecting my technique for a while now, and am sorry to say that I sent some of my earlier versions to my family for the sole reason that I'd rather they be using ugly wet bags than plastic ziplock bags that would be thrown away.

As I mentioned a few posts ago, I've been a little busy trying to make gabs and get them up on Etsy.com. Etsy.com is a website that people like me (a SAHM) who have no resources can make things and sell to the public.



Now, the pros to using a wet bag!!


Environmental- Use wet bags instead of plastic baggies for snacks, sandwiches, fruit, veggies, etc. With so many sizes out there, you can use a wet bag for everything!


Ease- Since they are reusable, you don't have to worry about buying plastic baggies. You always have them available! Just throw them in the wash with almost any load (probably not whites with bleach!).


[almost] Childproof- since they are fabric (and the one's I've been making have a ribbon loop to attach to a 5 point harness) they can take a beating (and will stay in arms reach of your child if you attach it to the car seat, stroller, etc.)


Style- There are so many to choose from, you can match your child's theme, or your personal taste. You can have a camo print one for your son and a cupcake print one for your daughter. You can buy plain manly ones for your husband to take to work, and pretty girly ones for your lunch.


Uses- As stated above, you can use them for any food item since the PUL fabric lining will keep that moisture inside. You can buy small ones for food and large ones for baithing suits, dirty diapers or the ocational accident that happens when you're out and you have a 4 year old who doesn't realize he has to go potty.



Interested in checking some out? This is my shop on Etsy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment